The Adobe Unit Types.osax file that shipped with Photoshop CS4 and CS3 is a 32-bit component. Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) requires some 64-bit scripting environments. Use the following solutions to resolve the unit type error:
Solution 1: Update the Adobe Unit Types.osax to version 2.1.0.
- Click this link to download the Adobe Unit Types.osax version 2.1.0 file.
- Choose /Library/ScriptingAdditions.
- Move the existing Adobe Unit Types.osax file to a backup location.
- Copy the downloaded version of the Adobe Unit Types.osax file to the /Library/ScriptingAdditions folder. Select Yes to authenticate this operation.
- Restart your computer.
Solution 2: Run AppleScript Editor in 32-bit mode.
- Choose Get Info on the AppleScript Editor.
- Select Open in 32-bit mode.
Solution 3: Use the Arch command in your command-line tool.
Instead of executing "osascript xx", execute "arch -i386 osascriptxx".